Friday, January 25, 2008

Mommy news, that wine and some video fun

Thursday, January 24, 2008


Mommy news, that wine and some video fun
Current mood: silly


Well, we've gone full speed ahead with Sweetcheeks' potty training. I kept him in underwear all day today. He had Montessori this morning, (his second day at school sans diapers) and he did great. He had two accidents at home in one hour, but one of them was because he couldn't get the bathroom door open. (poor kid). The other was a brilliantly timed poop, which he informed me of just as we were literally walking out the door to go to Littleman's gym class (already late). Such timing really helps a Mom get that calm, supportive demeanor which is so recommended for successful potty training. Er, not. Miraculously though, (and it does seem outside the laws of physics) we were only 5 minutes late. Sweetcheeks had another pee accident while we were at the gym, and I changed his clothes again. But the good news is that those clothes stayed dry for the rest of the day, all through the rest of Littleman's gym class and through a visit to Didi's house, and even survived him falling asleep on the way home tonight. So, all things considered, I'd say it was a pretty successful day in his potty training progress.

Today was also Babyman's first real bath. I've been bathing him with just washcloths all this time, and tonight I finally had a good opportunity to introduce him to lots of lovely warm water for sitting in. He seemed to enjoy it, which was nice. He didn't appreciate the getting out part, and was not appeased by a comforting massage. In fact, he protested the massage. Quite loudly. Oh, well, maybe next time.

I guess that all qualifies as news only a mother can love.

I am very, very sleepy. Before I sign off, that wine I enjoyed so much was a 2003 Barton & Guestier Chateauneuf-du-Pape. Apparently it is a blend of syrah and grenache. It made me think of trees and deep, mossy forests. I enjoyed it.

Here's a couple youtube videos for my thumbs-up. This is sort of silly (and you might have come across it already), but it tickled me. Perhaps you've heard of the group Daft Punk? Well here is a little routine someone made up for their song "Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger" (don't give up on the video too soon; it grows on you):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2cYWfq--Nw

Then, someone came along and took the idea a little further, actually turning it into a dance routine:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cva_sGN_0VA

Well I was entertained, at least! :)
LOL.
Good night!

No comments: