Friday, June 5, 2009

Green Popsicles!

I have been telling anyone who will listen about this awesome recipe I found at Goddess of the Garden, a raw food blog. (Tiffany has a number of blogs I think- I read her Nature Moms blog regularly. Check it out!) This isn't a new idea- I've been putting spinach in our smoothies for a long time. I've never been able to get very much in there without "yucks" from the kids, though- until now! This is unbelievably delicious. I admit I was really surprised- and the kids LOVE them!

* * *

Electric Green Popsicles

Ingredients:

2 ripe bananas

1 medium pineapple

2-3 cups spinach or other leafy green

Water

Blend until smooth and pour into molds.

* * *

This is perfect, because even kids who are suspicious of a green smoothie will often happily eat a green popsicle! What better way to get your raw leafy green veggies? You'll be amazed at how delicious this is- try it!

3 comments:

A Magical Childhood said...

Ooh, sounds great. I'll have to try it. I'll have to have the kids outside when I make it though. If they SEE spinach going into it I think they'll be biased before they even take a lick! :)

Grace said...

Mine will eat the green smoothie but the popcicles sound great - especially since it is SOOOOO hot.
Thanks! The pineapple sounds good in it to - have never used that. We usually use kale but I'll try spinach too.

Kit said...

@Alicia: I had to hide it from Littleman! LOL- he kept asking what was in it, and I'd say, "Oh, bananas and pineapple, mostly. Just try it!" as I slurped mine down. He did try it though, and loved it- now he knows what's in it, but still likes them. Score! :)

@Grace: It's delicious as a smoothie too, but the popsicles are fun. The pineapple makes it. YUM!