Monday, March 10, 2008

Cheddar Crackers

Monday, March 10, 2008

Cheddar Crackers
Current mood: smitten

Today, I cooked with Littleman again. We made cheddar crackers, which I have been meaning to try for some time. I'd bought a fish-shaped cookie cutter awhile back which came with a recipe. The cutter and recipe are by Ann Clark Ltd.. The cutters are awesome, and I have to say I am SO impressed with the cheddar crackers we made. I think it's OK for me to give you the recipe, but I'm not absolutely positive so please go check out the website (linked above) and consider buying a cookie cutter or two. I do heartily recommend them, and there are tons of shapes to choose from.

Anyway, the recipe! I warn you, this is NOT healthy. I mean, two whole sticks of butter? Yikes! But I have to say they are delicious. Especially with a glass of wine.

Cheddar Crackers

1 cup butter or margarine
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
3 oz. cream cheese (I used Neufchatel cheese)
1 Tb minced sun-dried tomatoes
2 tsp basil
2 tsp garlic powder
salt to taste
2 cups of flour

- In a large bowl or food processor (I used my trusty Kitchenaid mixer) beat together all ingredients except flour and spices until well-blended. (Ours was VERY well-blended, in fact it was downright fluffy).
- Add the flour and spices. Mix until a soft dough forms.
- Divide dough in half, and form into two balls. Cover and chill for two hours.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Roll out dough and cut. (I rolled ours too thick, but they were still delicious).
- Bake 10 - 12 minutes, or until light brown. (Ours weren't quite brown- more golden). Sprinkle with coarse salt, if desired. (I did).
- Cool and store. (Store? Where, in my tummy? Because that's where they went. . . OK, I had help).

Enjoy!

* * *

Today's thumbs-up is for those awesome Ann Clark cookie cutters! I'm a sucker for cool cookie cutters. :)

No comments: