Saturday, March 15, 2008

Hair, will- and yes, rosemary!

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Hair, will- and yes, rosemary!
Current mood: catalyzed


I think I am going to cut my hair.

No no, hear me out!

I would really like to be able to wear my hair down more, without it getting ridiculously tangled up in everything I am doing. I'd like my hair to frame my face, instead of being pulled back in my ever-present ponytail, doing nothing for my appearance. I'd like to do something to improve my daily appearance, because these days I feel like I always look like hell. (Lack of sleep, ill-fitting clothes, infrequent showers and a frazzled demeanor can do that to a gal). And, (dare I say it?) I think I'd just like a little change. What good is all this romantic, luxuriantly long hair if all I can do with it is keep it out of the way?

I went and asked a really good hairdresser's advice today, and she gave me some good ideas. I think I'm going to make arrangements for an appointment soon- something that will take some planning, as I'll have to find a sitter for the two older boys and an adult to tag along and hold Babyman. (Or some other suitable arrangement). And, don't worry! It will still be long by most standards.

And it will always grow back. :)

* * *

Today Billy and I finally got around to working on our will. This is something we've been meaning to do for awhile- anyone with kids really should have one. Most people can do it themselves with online forms and websites like www.legalzoom.com. We ultimately decided to consult a lawyer, and I think that was the right decision for us. I am looking forward to having it all squared away- it is one more checkbox in my mental list of financial planning goals. Baby steps. Besides, it's no fun to have to think about what would happen if both Billy and I were to bite it too soon. My precious children. . . Even though we have wonderful family who would be ready to help, it's chilling to imagine our plans having to be enacted. As one family member added after agreeing to be an executor, "Drive safe!"

If you haven't made your own will, go ahead and do it. It can make sure your wishes are carried out, it can go a long way toward protecting your assets (and we're not just talking rich folk here; we all have some assets), it makes things much easier on your surviving family as they tie up your affairs, and it ensures that any children you have will be entrusted to the guardian of your choice, rather than someone of the state's choosing. Pretty important stuff.

OK, off my soapbox.

* * *

Today's thumbs-up is for gelato! Specifically, Paolo's Gelato in Atlanta. Still more specifically, for Paolo's rosemary gelato. Yes, rosemary. Ooooooh, Oh. So. Good. ~drool~

No comments: