Saturday, March 1, 2008

Blank, bunk beds, and some thumbs-ups

Saturday, March 01, 2008

Blank, bunk beds, and some thumbs-ups
Current mood: blank

As so often happens, if I wait until all the kiddos are sweetly asleep before I sit down to blog, I am sitting here staring blankly at the computer. None of the assorted ideas I'd had to blog about are making themselves known at this moment. I'm tired. Also, it's hard to think when the dog is licking himself repeatedly- that slurpy lick, lick, lick is driving me mildy insane.

I think it is time to look at bunk beds. Sweetcheeks is currently still in the crib in the nursery (Babyman sleeps in the cosleeper in our room), and a couple days ago he finally decided to climb out of it. We still have a while before Babyman will need the big crib, but I'd rather have Sweetcheeks in a big boy bed than climbing in and out of the crib when he is groggy. Besides, he's been doing great with staying dry all night, and if I am going to put him in underwear at night he really ought to be able to get out of bed to go potty. So I think a trip to Ikea is in our near future! Ahh, Ikea. Somebody hide my wallet!

I need to do dishes, so I am going to make this short and boring. (Sorry). But I realized that I forgot to do a thumbs-up on my last couple of posts! So you get a few of them tonight. First, thumbs-up to the Arm's Reach cosleeper which I referenced above. This is one of THE most valuable pieces of baby gear we own. We have the "mini" size, and my babies have been able to use it until they were between 8 and 10 months old. It is SO helpful. It also makes a great little travel crib.

Next thumbs-up goes to Scott Wade's dirty car art. He uses dry paintbrushes to draw in the texas dust on his car's rear window. Um.

Finally, thumbs-up to this video that Kyddryn brought to my attention:



I just think that's really cool. :)

1 comment:

S said...

I recently ran into that video too! I just love it :)