Thursday, February 7, 2008

hide and seek, and other sundries

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

hide and seek, and other sundries
Current mood: tired

Billy came home early tonight, and was upstairs playing hide-and-seek with the boys. This involves one person hiding in another room while the other two wait, and then the hider yells "OK!" when he's ready to be found. Well, Sweetcheeks decided to be the hider. I hear Billy saying, "No, wait! Wait- wait until we're not looking, THEN you hide." There's a pause, and then I hear Sweetcheeks: "5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10!" Billy chuckles. "Are you ready?" "OK!" yells Sweetcheeks. I hear Billy and Littleman head for the room where Sweetcheeks is presumably hiding. Billy adds as they enter the room, "And be really quiet so we don't hear where you are."
"OK!" comes the loud reply.
Oh, well.

* * *

This living room floor was clean 3 hours ago. Sigh.

* * *

To update on the Sweetcheeks potty saga, he is doing really, really well with peeing in the potty. Usually, if I forget to make him go, it will be fine- he will take himself to the potty and go when he needs too, without wetting his pants. (Exceptions are usually if we are out and about, and I forget to take him. Then, he's more likely to have an accident. So I still try to be diligent then). He's also been waking dry after a nap or even all night! He still has issues with pooping in the potty, though. I don't know why, but he apparently REALLY doesn't want to poop in the potty. He poops in his underwear every time. It's a real pain. I'm not sure how to solve that aspect, but we are not returning to diapers. So, I guess we'll see.

* * *

Earlier, I was looking forward to getting the kids in bed, and then sipping some wine (I almost spelled that "whine", LOL- I get a lot more of that, let me tell you!) while sitting on the couch and watching my new Harry Potter DVD with Billy. But now I am just too damn tired. Oh, well. I'll watch it at some point. At least we saw it in the theater!

* * *

We are all sick. It's been a head-crud kind of a cold. I thought Sweetcheeks was better, but yesterday he suddenly developed an earache. By evening it was severe. WHY do these things ALWAYS happen when the pediatrician is closed? But I had some natural remedies on hand from our last episode with an ear infection (they're infrequent around here, thank goodness. . . knock on wood. . .) and I started right in with a homeopathic blend and some herbal ear drops. (Plus some tylenol to stop the pain and hence, the screaming. Poor kiddo). Once the tylenol kicked in he felt better. I continued the remedies, and this morning he woke up fine. Hmm. This stuff is great, but THAT great? Maybe it wasn't an ear infection. He wasn't running a fever. In any case, I am very, very glad he is feeling better. I can focus my worry on Babyman, who now has a cough. It's not bad yet (still just in his head), and hopefully won't get any worse. But hearing that cough come from that baby body just curls my toes. I cringe just thinking about it. He's not running a fever, is sleeping and nursing well and seems like his normal self. So for right now, I'm in wait-and-see mode. Hopefully he will improve soon.

* * *

Today's thumbs-up is for my In-laws, who came today to play with the kids and help out a little so I could get a few things done. Yay, Grandma and Grandpa! I am blessed with great in-laws. But since that doesn't really seem to fit in with my usual thumbs-up format, I'll do another- it's a little random, but still great: a website to teach you how to tie knots. Each knot is pictured, the steps are described, and best of all each step is illustrated by video. It's really one of the best knot-tying tutorials I've seen. So, go learn a new skill today!

No comments: