Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Coffee shop, and Littleman the hikerman

Monday, February 25, 2008

Coffee shop, and Littleman the hikerman
Current mood: accomplished

OK, this is at least the third time this weekend that I have tried to post a blog entry. Nothing drastic has prevented me from blogging- just the usual things (babyman) demanding my attention. Anyhow, earlier today I began my entry thus:

I am sitting in a coffee shop, and a lady just walked in that bears a striking (if passing) resemblance to Dolores Umbridge (as played by Imelda Staunton) in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.



* * *
AAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!

Something wonky just happened, and I just lost all the rest of this post. Not the part above, for some reason, just all the bunches of stuff I'd written below. *%$##! ^$#$**&!! myspace. Grrrrrrrrrrrr.

ANYHOW, I was telling you about . . . Damn, by the time I summarize it I might as well tell you the whole story.
Humph.
I'm going to go make some popcorn.

* * *

OK, I'm back. I made popcorn and loaded some pictures into the computer. So anyway, did you catch that earlier? I was sitting in a coffee shop? Blogging? [insert little happy dance] Billy had Littleman and Sweetcheeks for a day of hiking, no girls allowed. Suited Babyman and me just fine. ;) Of course, right about the time I got that far into my post, Babyman decided he'd had enough of the coffee shop. So I'd postponed it yet again.

Now the boys are home, and I have been informed that Littleman broke all his records yesterday: he hiked 5 miles, all himself! Billy didn't carry him at all. It's 2 1/2 miles in and 2 1/2 miles out, and when Billy suggested that they all turn around and head back (because he knew it would be a long, tough hike if they tried to do the whole thing) Littleman really, really wanted to hike the whole way. It was tough for him, but they did it! Sweetcheeks was so tired on the way out that he slept as Billy carried him. Littleman is very proud of himself.

The intrepid little hikers (photo by Billy):


They were at theRaven Cliffs Trail, which is one of my favorite hikes. I'm proud of my Littleman.

So, I'm quitting there for the night. I'll try not to go so long before I post! And I'll see if I can catch up on some of the other thoughts I wanted to write about.

No comments: