Monday, February 4, 2008

a bloggers' meme

Monday, February 04, 2008

a bloggers’ meme
Current mood: overstimulated

OK, so I was "tagged" with a meme. (Meme? Meme? WTH is a meme? I mean, where did that term originate? I've always just called them "surveys", but that's not always an accurate description. Like now. So, I guess "meme" it is). Ahem. Anyhow, (waving at Kyddryn) thanks for the tag! You can find my tagger's blog here at blogspot. And see, that's the beauty of this particular meme. The best part isn't the meme itself (though often interesting), but the list of links to other people's blogs. My blog gets exposure, and so do several others. So, be sure to take advantage of that, and check them out!

First, the rules.

1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself.
4. Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs.
5. Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website.

Now, on with it.

- In middle school, I started my own business (not licensed, of course) selling my homemade cookies. I sold them to teachers, neighbors and parents of friends. I think they probably just bought them to be nice. :) $5 for a baker's dozen. It was a pretty sweet deal for me, because all my supplies just came out of my parents' kitchen- the money I made was pure profit. As long as I didn't take too many orders per week, I could get away with it. My poor folks.
- I love reading mystery novels- they're like candy. My favorite mystery series is probably Martha Grimes' Richard Jury mysteries. I got hooked on mysteries long ago by the combined efforts of the lovely Miss Marple and a couple siamese cats named Koko and Yum-Yum. Oh wait, first there was Nancy Drew and Encyclopedia Brown!
- I have never cut my hair short. At most, it's been trimmed a few inches- but otherwise it's been free to stretch out endlessly since it first started growing. My mom had to do a lot of detangling when I was little! Perhaps that's where I developed my high tolerance for pain?
- I wish I could take horseback riding lessons regularly.
- I believe in magic.
- I have the ability to belch like a. . . wow, in an effort to find a suitable simile, on a whim I googled "belch like a" (with the quotation marks) and found "belch like a- trucker, troll, dyspeptic pensioner, gluttonous rhino, bastard, sailer, bloated mule, frat boy, glutton after Thanksgiving dinner, champ, flamethrower, dog drinking grog, 300 lb. defensive tackle who just ate a dozen hard boiled eggs, foghorn, rugby player, 53 year-old drunk, a Yule log thrown on a fire of lusty living, and a Yankee Stadium urinal at the end of an extra-inning game. (EWWWW). That's just a quick skim of the results. Anyway, I can belch. Really, really loud. But, I generally don't.

OK, now for the blog links. I have a dilemma, here. Most of the blogs I read just aren't proper venues for me to play tag with a meme. There are a few I can annoy:
Like Gypsy Guru here at blogspot. I read her blog regularly. Also, I can bother Farbod over on myspace, because he'll wonder why the hell his friend's sister is even reading his blog, let alone being all annoying and sending a meme his way. Plus, his blog can be very entertaining. I'd send you to some of my other friends and family on myspace, but most of them don't blog much at all. However, I can point you to a couple good "mommy" type blogs on myspace: Jackie and Tommasina. Those are worth a look, so check them out!

I am honestly out of good ideas. I think I'll cheat a bit, and simply list some links to good blogs, and call it done. I've been trying to think of more for days without coming up with suitable ideas. I'm afraid I'm just not all that connected in the blogosphere yet!
So, be sure to check out:
Confessions of a Pioneer Woman
and BECAUSE I SAID SO.
And, since I'm cheating I'll list a bonus: Yarn Ball Boogie. They're all great blogs!

Enjoy!

No comments: