Tuesday, August 28, 2007

old times, and harbringers of the season

August 28, 2007 - Tuesday

old times, and harbringers of the season
Current mood: nostalgic

Wow, it's rather like old times here! (Except I am pregnant, typing on a laptop connected wirelessly to the internet, I drive a minivan, am waiting for my 3 1/2 year old to wake up and I don't actually live here anymore. . . yeah. . .) But it really is a deja vu experience. I'm at the studio, hanging out in the control room while Billy works, listening while I quietly do my own thing here on the couch. (Used to be reading a book or knitting, these days I check my email and blog. . . hmm. . .)

I've done a fair bit of the "carseat shuffle" today: I installed Littleman's seat in the van, swapped cars with Billy, swapped back, removed Littleman's seat from the van, removed Sweetcheeks' seat and installed it in my Mom's car, and soon I should put Littleman's seat back into the van. All this is due to a series of appointments, and fun activities for the boys. Anyhow Littleman has been here at the studio today, and he finally fell asleep for a much-needed nap just before I arrived to pick him up. Sweetcheeks is staying the night with my Mom, so I am free to veg out here on the studio couch until Littleman finally wakes up.

It's pretty nice, actually. (Not to mention I am not wearing myself out doing dishes or laundry right now!) I get to see my husband. :) And I get to talk to adults. Cool.

* * *

Lately I have begun hearing the geese, again. Almost as soon as the rain started showing up and the 100 degree+ temperatures calmed down a bit, I started hearing them outside in the evenings. Sunday evening I saw a big, beautiful V-formation of honking geese sail across the sky. Then today, on my way to the studio from my prenatal appointment I stopped at Starbucks- and discovered that the pumpkin spice latte has returned. Geese, pumpkin spice lattes, and temps in the 80s. . . sure signs that Fall is right around the corner. Rejoice!

No comments: