Monday, August 13, 2007

forgetting, a busy week and kids' classes

Monday, August 13, 2007

forgetting, a busy week and kids’ classes
Current mood: hungry

I was folding diapers after putting the boys to bed, and thought of something I wanted to look up online. I went downstairs to grab my laptop, made a brief detour to feed the cat and dog, came back upstairs and realized I've completely forgotten what it was I wanted to look up. I have tried everything I can think of to remember- no luck.
Sigh.

Anyway, it has been a busy week. Littleman spent a lot of time with Grandma, Grandpa, his Auntie and cousins. They went to Stone Mountain, and swimming, and he spent the night at Grandma and Grandpa's. Thursday we all met up (Billy too!) in Helen, GA to go tubing. It was brutally hot outside, but surprisingly pleasant down on the river. It really was nice- we'll go again sometime! Sweetcheeks spent the night with my Mom one night, and went with me to pre-register for Montessori school! We have decided to send Sweetcheeks to the same Montessori program that Littleman went to for a year. Luckily, they had a 2-day slot available with our favorite teacher. :) So we are all excited about that! I think Sweetcheeks will feel proud to have his own special activity to go do. Also this past week, Littleman got to go to work with Daddy one day, and we had guests for dinner on Friday, which was really nice. This upcoming week looks like it will be nearly as busy!

I am struggling to decide on a class for Littleman to take. He would like to continue at the Montessori school, but they do not offer part-time classes for his age group. (2 days a week is what we prefer). He did enjoy his classes at The Little Gym, but seems a bit lukewarm on the idea of continuing them. He seems uninterested in the idea of art or music classes, or martial arts (which I think he's still a bit too young for anyway). I do not want to send him to a preschool program that's basically glorified babysitting, but I'm not looking for a structured pre-K program either. However I do think he would benefit from something away from me, that was fun and that he could feel proud of. Ideally, it would be something I can drop him off for and have time to go run a few errands before he was ready to be picked up- so really, the 1-hr Little Gym classes are a bit too short.

The upshot of that little ramble: Do any of you have any suggestions? (He'll be 4 in October).

I guess I really should sign off- tomorrow is a busy day, with phone calls to make, paperwork to complete for the Montessori school and for my hospital pre-registration, a trip to the post office and probably Sweetcheeks' very first haircut! (Don't worry, I'm not going to have them cut it short like Littleman's- I'll want to preserve the curls). :) I should go to bed.

No comments: