Thursday, January 11, 2007

a DVD recommendation and taking down the tree

Thursday, January 11, 2007

a DVD recommendation and taking down the tree
Current mood: lazy

I thought I was mixing a cherry and a blueberry Jelly Belly jelly bean, but the cherry turned out to be cinnamon. Hmm.

Sorry, suddenly distracted there. What was I going to write about, again?

The boys received a "YogaKids!" DVD for Christmas this year. I like it a lot. It's very age-appropriate, but I still feel a difference in myself when I do it too. Mr Sweetcheeks loves it, and tries to do some of the poses. Littleman has not yet participated- he just wants to sit on the couch and watch. I'm not sure why- I encourage him to do it with me, but I'm not going to force him. Hopefully he will come around. In any case, any of you with kids who might be interested (the program is recommended for ages 3 - 6) might want to check it out- I feel very comfortable recommending it.

I'm almost done taking the Christmas decorations down and putting them away. The tree still stands, but it is stripped of lights and ornaments, awaiting a trip to the local fire station, where they collect trees to recycle. It's finally starting to dry out a bit- it lasted really well, mostly because we cut it ourselves at a tree farm. (That was great! The farm was just up in Cumming. It was so much fun wandering in search of the perfect tree, and in addition there were farm animals to look at and pet, marshmallows to roast and hot cider to drink. Plus, the tree was cheaper than if we'd bought it at a roadside stand closer to home. The boys had a blast. We'll probably go back next year). The tree is still beautiful now, but it's always sad after Christmas to see that magical twinkling tannenbaum reduced to drying tinder, shedding it's needles and awaiting it's inevitable fate. Still, I am looking forward to rearranging the living room furniture and getting some space back.

I think I am going to try and shower before bed tonight- I think the kids are good and sound asleep. (Knock on wood). So I'd better sign off here and get a move on! :)

No comments: