Saturday, July 14, 2007

quick update

Saturday, July 14, 2007

quick update
Current mood: tired

Oh me oh my oh. . . I am tired.
I read somewhere that a pregnant woman is expending as much energy when she is at "rest" (building a baby) as a normal person expends when climbing a steep hill. I believe it. Add to that the energy expended taking care of two toddlers, two dogs and a cat, and keeping up with the house and my computer work, and you can probably imagine why I am tired. Add to THAT the fact that sleeping is becoming increasingly difficult (too uncomfortable and I have to pee) and you can see how all this is a great way to prepare Mom for weeks of thankless, sleepless nights with a newborn. Sigh.

On the bright side, Littleman is nicer to me these days. That is very helpful. Unfortunately, he also whines, moans and complains A LOT. And he has taken to whining about almost ANYTHING I put in front of him to eat. That's disappointing, because both boys have generally been very good eaters, willing to try all sorts of things and liking good stuff. I hope this will be a brief phase.

I have been slowly catching up with laundry and dishes, and soon I'll start organizing the "mini" nursery in Billy's and my bedroom. That is where the babies spend the first several months of their lives, until they outgrow the co-sleeper bassinet. I'll be able to go over the baby clothes and diapers to see what needs replenishing. There is little we need, of course- mostly stuff like baby wash and diaper creme.

Today we are trying to take the boys outside to run off some energy and let Littleman practice riding his brand-new bike with training wheels. He's doing pretty well, and Sweetcheeks loves having the trike to himself now!

Must get ready. Hopefully I can get a shower later! :)

No comments: