Saturday, July 28, 2007

infrastructure, and homeopathy

Saturday, July 28, 2007

infrastructure, and homeopathy
Current mood: sleepy

Today, we're in traffic, passing some construction as we drive on the highway.

L- "Look at that, Mommy!"
me- "Yes, the construction machines are getting everything ready to build more road."
L- "Why?"
me- "Because then this road will have more room on it for all of these cars, and it won't be so crowded. The road will be wider."
L- "Why?"
me- "Because a lot of people drive this way every day, and sometimes the traffic gets bad. They need more room on the road for all the cars."
~he thinks~
L- "But then everybody just buys more cars and there are more and more and more and the road fills up again."
me- "Wow. Well, you're absolutely right, dear. Ultimately bigger roads are not the solution we need."

Hmm. Out of the mouths of babes. . .

* * *
I am still sick, but am feeling WAAY better. Based on our symptoms, I selected homeopathic phosphorus to treat Sweetcheeks and myself. On day two of treatment, we've both shown marked improvement. My throat is no longer sore at all, and I have regained some energy. Basically at this point, all that remains for me is congestion. (a lot of it) Mr. Cheeks is still coughing, but it is now a productive cough that means he is on the mend. He certainly seems to feel a lot better, and he no longer needs a cough suppressant at night to be able to sleep comfortably. I continue to be very impressed with homeopathic remedies.

No comments: