Friday, May 26, 2006

Just checking in

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Just checking in
Current mood: busy

So I've been slacking off on the blog a little bit- sorry! We've been super busy, plus I was hit with some nasty 24-hr bug that took me a couple days to recover from. No fun. The good news is it's over, and now we are looking forward to a brief but hopefully fun trip to Charleston. About time! :) I have some special plans for a letterbox I'd like to plant down there, but have not managed to find time to carve the stamp etc. I hope I get it done!

Went to the Fair Tax rally on Wednesday, but was too late to get in. They had to close the doors over an hour before they were due to start, because the building was packed to capacity. Awesome! We hung out with a friend in the parking lot, and Littleman had a blast with Daddy. I was bummed we didn't get to get in, but very very glad it was such a phenomenal turnout. Have you contacted your representative yet? Tell them you support the Fair Tax! If you don't know what I am talking about, go to fairtax.org and check it out. Or look for The Fair Tax Book by Boortz and Linder- it's out in paperback now, so it's cheap. Read it!

I was thinking today about my time, and where it all goes. It's a cliche that kids take a lot of time, but honestly until I actually had kids I had NO idea how much time and effort they really take. HOW do people find time to clean house? Not to mention cook meals, do the shopping and errands, keep the house and yard looking decent, keep up with friends and family and have a hobby or two. Seriously, I can't figure it out. Perhaps it's a matter of priorities- I do think I spend more hands-on, focused time with my boys than many parents get to spend with their children. And I have really been making an effort to keep up with some friends and family, at least. But my house is in a constant state of complete disarray, and I feel lucky if I keep the laundry and dishes under control. Sigh. I guess part of the problem stems from the fact that I have to make time to work a job at home, as well as do all the work of home- and I am doing that without a babysitter or daycare. It makes for some pretty inefficient time management, but at least the boys are getting a pretty sweet deal. And I may as well get used to it, for I will only be spending more time focused on them, as homeschooling continues to grow around here. I'm looking forward to those opportunities- hopefully I won't be buried in the process! ;)

Well, nothing much really for this blog- I am beat, and want to go to bed- I have to get up early to make a covered dish for the international potluck at Littleman's Montessori Field Day tomorrow. Ah, suburban housewife obligations! ;) But I am looking forward to seeing a bunch of 2 and 3 year olds do sack races and tug of war!

No comments: