Monday, November 7, 2005

a nice cup of tea

Monday, November 07, 2005

a nice cup of tea
Current mood: relaxed

Sometimes, there's nothing better than a hot cup of mint tea in the evening, sitting with my feet up. The scent is so relaxing, so refreshing, and it just makes me feel good. The minty steam infuses the back of my throat, leaving a lasting fresh inhalation. The warmth rushes to my stomach and radiates out, not unlike a feeling I get when practicing aware breathing in yoga. The relaxation is similar, too.

Ah, yoga. . . I REALLY need to get back into doing that. . . I miss it. I can feel the lack in my body, and really also in my mind- yoga helps me feel more centered, which enables me to use my mind more effectively. But the real effect is in my spirit- I sorely miss the time spent enriching myself. That time to center myself, realign myself- it's not something I've allowed myself lately. With so little time to go around, it's hard for me to get the practice up and going again. It might be easier if I could keep it up at home, but it's just not the same for me as a group class.

Time to cut these musings short, for Griff is waking.

No comments: