Saturday, September 22, 2007

grumpy me

September 22, 2007 - Saturday

grumpy me
Current mood: cranky

I'm sitting on our back deck, watching the kiddos play in the sand and listening to neighborhood dogs, our air conditioner and someone hammering. Oh, and an airplane overhead. And now a lawn mower.

I thought about writing a descriptive entry, noting the way that Fall has begun to gild the sunlight ever so slightly, hinting at glorious October days to come. Writing about the scrape of sand shovels, the citronella scent of our bug repellent and about how lovely it's been to be able to leave the windows open at night. About the first leaves blushing red outside our bedroom window.

However, I have a grinding, splitting headache. Though I'm not sleepy, I'm feeling exhausted and I didn't get a nap today because by the time I'd finished some office work Sweetcheeks woke up early. I'm feeling really underappreciated, though in most cases that's just me. I still don't know what I'm going to feed the boys for dinner. The dogs stink so bad it makes your eyes water, but I'm not really supposed to be lifting 40 - 50 lbs of canine and doing any vigorous washing. Increasingly, I am feeling the physical strain of carrying this baby, and I am well aware that I'm supposed to listen to my body and not overdo things. Just doing the dishes and laundry, cooking (what minimal amount I am doing these days) changing diapers and running errands absolutely wears me out. It's all I can do to keep the house (somewhat) livable, keep the kids clean and healthy, feed and water the pets, pay the bills, keep up with family, entertain the kids. . . the more I think about it the more I think of things I'm still doing. . . it's honestly making me more tired just sitting here thinking about it, so I'll quit there. . .

Anyway I think I'm just feeling tired and grouchy.
So there.
;)

No comments: