Monday, April 30, 2007

Help and family, a wondrous bakery, ambient music and impatience

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Help and family, a wondrous bakery, ambient music and impatience
Current mood: calm

My sis came over yesterday to help me out, and hang out for my Dad's birthday dinner last night. Whew, what a relief! It was great- nice to be with her, and nice to get so much done around the house: she tackled dishes, tidying and vacuuming, while I worked on laundry, tidying and dusting. We both helped the kiddos and she sat in the car with the sleeping boys while I was able to grocery shop alone. Of course, we only scratched the surface of what needs doing here, but it was a very necessary and visible surface. :) Thanks again, G!

The birthday dinner was fun- I like hanging out with my Dad and stepmom. Littleman was very excited to have everyone over! We grilled out, and the weather was gorgeous. Steaks, chicken, fresh asparagus (yum!) and skewers with shrimp, mushrooms, onions and bell peppers. Billy even made it home early to join us! The cake was particularly yummy I thought- I've never bought a cake at Whole Foods before, and though it was a bit pricey it was sooooo good. It was a "cookies and cream" cake, which was perfect for my Dad. The icing was just right- not too sweet at all. I always avoid the bakery area when I'm at Whole Foods (the Duluth store on State Bridge), because I have the boys with me. So when I wandered over there yesterday to get the cake, I was amazed to see not only the gorgeous selection of baked goods and other desserts, but a chocolate counter with truffles, and a gelato counter!! Oh, mmmmmm. . . I barely managed to get my pregnant self out of there in time. ;) (Though G and I did enjoy our little fruit tartlets and some fresh-squeezed tangerine juice).

I am listening to the public radio show "Hearts of Space", which in Atlanta airs late Sunday nights. I like this show, and find it's a really nice way to end the weekend (or begin the new Monday, depending on how you look at it). Tonight is the 800th show! I had no idea it had been on the air that long. It's an hour or so of ambient music, and each show has a general theme. Tune in some week if you're interested. I've heard everything from spacy electronica, to Tibetan folk music, to ambient soundtracks, to (tonight) ambient rock tracks. Interesting and often nicely meditative.

I'm already itching to know whether it's a boy or a girl I am carrying. I feel like it's a girl, but it's very possible that my own desire for a girl is clouding my intuition. I'll have to wait until sometime the first week of July before I'll get to find out!

I think I need to check on the laundry again, and go to bed. I'm finding myself sitting here, just staring into space. Man, am I ever tired. . .

No comments: