Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Mommy Amnesia, and minivans

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Mommy Amnesia, and minivans
Current mood: tired

OK. Kids in bed, and we ended up with a compromise: washcloth to the important bits, and straight on to brush teeth, story and sleepytime. I think it was the best route for tonight. Not that y'all probably care, come to think of it! LOL, I'm just functioning on a lesser level these days. Pregnancy is Nature's way to prepare mamas for newborns.

Usually the second trimester is pretty good for me. I'm hoping the same will be true this time- if so, only about a month to go before I cross that threshold! I'm not sure, since Mommy Amnesia works just as well on me as anyone, but I don't think my other first trimesters were as bad as this one has been. It seems my nausea and fatigue are lasting a lot longer this time. . . but hell if I know, because Nature also makes sure mommies forget how bad pregnancy, childbirth and the first few months of newborn care can be. It's all a rose-colored blur and the details go all fuzzy- Mommy Amnesia. Has happened to every Mom I know. Makes sense, as far as Nature is concerned. If we remembered all the details, would we really put ourselves through it all over again??

(Oh and yes. . . I am thinking pink, though of course we'll be pleased either way- blah blah- LOL, yes a girl sure would be nice. Last chance! Geeez, if it's a boy Billy and I will have to come up with ANOTHER boy name we can agree on. . .)

We may have all the baby stuff we could possibly need by now, but the third kid brings a new necessity: bigger car! It is a physical impossibility to have three carseats in the back seat of our Subaru. Sigh. I think carseats are great, but it has occured to me that they have something to do with this American love affair with large vehicles. I would prefer to keep our smaller, good-gas-mileage Forester, but we simply can't fit more than two carseats in. We are forced to go bigger. Granted the extra space will be welcome, and I will still be looking for something reliable and efficient. But If it were not for carseats, I bet many families would be driving something a bit smaller (thus more environmentally-friendly). I'm probably oversimplifying to a ridiculous degree. . . but I bet the carseats are a factor. However I am grateful for good carseats.

Well I'm afraid I really must go. . . I'm rambling now, and I need to check on the diapers in the laundry, and get ready for bed. I am exhausted. I'll probably sleep soundly all night, and wake up exhausted. So it goes.

It's a damn good thing all this trouble ends up being worth it in the end!! :)

No comments: