Sunday, March 22, 2009

Kids and Complacency Don't Mix

Last night, I'm upstairs giving Babyman a bath. The boys had been sitting at the table coloring when I went upstairs. No problem, right? After Babyman is clean, I go downstairs to check on them. I hear the water dispenser on the refrigerator door running as I walk downstairs. "Hmmm. . .", I think. Mr. Sweetcheeks, soaked to the skin, is standing proudly in the middle of a massive puddle on the kitchen floor.
"Look, Mommy!" He says, grinning, "It's a lake!"

* * *

This afternoon I managed to put a roast in the crock pot before we left for a birthday party. When we got back home, I opened the door to a deliciously fragrant house. Just as I am basking in a self-congratulatory glow (feeling like such a great Mom and housewife), Littleman walks in and demands, "What STINKS??"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh gosh, these are soooooo funny and cute. You must save them and collect to put together in a book some day. My mom gave me some thing she wrote down that I, my sister and older brother said when we were 3, 3 and 5 and they are a riot. And she had saved them all these years and they mean the world to me. There is more love in the post that you might imagine. It is FILLED with love. Hugs, Robin. PS Hope everyone is feeling better. :)

Kit said...

You know, that's one of the main reasons I started blogging: to have a place where I will actually write these things down, and they will be preserved for remembering later on down the road.

We are feeling MUCH better, thank you! (Just in time for allergy season, LOL!)