Saturday, May 24, 2008

We're back!

I just want to post to let you all know that things are fine here, and I'm still alive and kicking. :) We had a brief family vacation to Florida last weekend, and adding trip preparation, the trip itself and of course unpacking/recovery to my usual list of duties has completely wiped blogging from my accomplishments for the last several days. I'm slowly getting back into the swing of things.

Billy was heading to Orlando for business, and we figured if he was spending the money on gas and a hotel anyway, then we might as well all go and spend a day at Disney. We've taken the boys before (my Uncle and Aunt work there, so it's great for us!), but this was their first time to the Magic Kingdom. We weren't interested in trying to do everything; just being there was an adventure for them. They were thrilled to ride the boat to the park and see the castle. We rode Pirates of the Caribbean (babyman too!), and they climbed the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse. They waited in line to fly on Dumbo, but that was the only long line of the day. We played at Winnie the Pooh's house, rode the train, played on Tom Sawyer Island and watched a show at the castle before leaving the Magic Kingdom. While Sweetcheeks napped in the stroller, we rode the monorail to Epcot for drinks and dinner in "Morocco", and finished up the evening with the fireworks show. It was a good day, and all three boys were remarkably well-behaved. I'd been prepared for trouble, but everyone kept their cool nicely. Babyman charmed perfect strangers everywhere we went. He seemed to genuinely enjoy himself. :) Next time we go, we plan to spend several days.

A highlight for me was our hotel- I got a great deal on a room at the Embassy Suites in downtown Orlando (near Billy's business obligations). The service and amenities were excellent! I highly recommend it. This trip also marked Babyman's first swim- we enjoyed the hotel's pool while Billy was off doing his thing. Babyman liked the water. Littleman and Mr Sweetcheeks LOVED it, of course.

So, we are home and I have been catching up on laundry, bills and blogs while marching through our normal day-to-day necessities. (I am also participating in activities for Sweetcheeks' Montessori school and am planning our big summer family campout). So perhaps you will forgive my dreadful lack of blog updates. And as for right now, I really must go to bed.

No comments: