First of all, guess what brightened my evening last night? Well no, not that, though it was pretty nice. Oh yeah, and that was great too. . . but no. . . OK so a few little things brightened my evening last night! But I was especially pleased to visit Going to Graceland and discover that lovely Grace has gifted my blog with this lovely award:
Wow! What a happy surprise! Isn't it pretty?
All these blog awards come with instructions, and this one is no different: first of course I link back to the fun, inspiring and wonderful friend that bestowed this accolade upon me. Next I am to pass the love on to five deserving blogs. In the interest of not repeating ourselves, I won't include the other excellent blogs that Grace has already honored- please check them out. I don't actually read that many blogs, so I don't have a huge pool of contenders to choose from. Consequently, my regular readers may spot a couple sites here I have honored in the past- they are well worth revisiting! Without further ado, I award:
- Bird at The Birds in the Meadow. Her site includes an inspiring nature blog, plus a cool store where you can purchase her unique handcrafted jewelry and other creations. I love reading about her nature walks and other adventures- Bird's photos and descriptive style really make me feel like I am right there! I never miss a post.
- Kyddryn at Shade and Sweetwater. Her writing is sometimes funny, sometimes beautiful, poetic, enlightening, and entertaining. Plus lately, there's been plenty of gratuitous kitty cuteness to enjoy! Please consider sponsoring the adoption of Rook, a sweet (formerly feral) kitten. Click on the "tip jar" at the top right, and help pay for Rook's necessary vet visits. Every little bit helps. Thank you!
- Robin at Naked in Eden. Her posts make me think, and it's a refreshing mental exercise. ;) They encourage the sort of self-examination and wondering that is all too easy to forget in the hustle and bustle of being a Mom. I have often been surprised at the level of reflection to be found in the comments, as well- something about Robin's writing really seems to draw insightful thoughts from her readers. A wonderful mix of Nature and Philosophy.
- Alicia at A Magical Childhood. Look here for absolutely wonderful ways to have fun with your kids- that you can realistically handle in your day to day life! So many sites have inspiring crafts, games and other activities for kids, but they are often just too perfect, complicated, expensive or time-consuming to really be useful. Not at A Magical Childhood! Go find something silly and fun to do with your kids today!
- Amy and Sunshine at Rock Star Farms. Rock Star Farm is a very cool project started by a couple of friends, and I've only recently discovered, through Facebook, that they have a blog. Check out the videos on biodynamic farming- very interesting!
So I hope that this will provide you with some enjoyable blogsploring! Begone, and reap the fruits of these wonderful blogs.
(Thanks again, Grace!) :)
2 days ago