Tuesday, November 13, 2007

a potty training adventure

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

a potty training adventure
Current mood: amused

Tonight, I thought I'd share my latest adventure in parenting.

Mr. Sweetcheeks has been expressing a random and passing interest in the potty. Not wanting to miss an opportunity, I have begun allowing him to run around upstairs without pants or a diaper. This was also how I introduced Littleman to the idea of using the potty- there will be a few accidents, but for some reason they seem to catch on a lot faster if they are naked than they do when clothed. I frequently remind Sweetcheeks that we do not pee pee on the floor- that if he needs to make pee pee, he should go put the pee pee in the potty. We've had a couple successes and a couple minor accidents. I only do the nakey time for a short while- I'll increase it over time if he seems to be getting the idea.

Anyhow, tonight he was running around commando, and so far so good. He's standing next to our bed, when all of a sudden he says something about pee pee. I look up quickly, asking if he made some pee pee on the floor. He checks and says "No", but something about his stance seem a little odd. Just as I am about to ask him another question, I realize that he is pooping, and it's a rather large turd.

What am I to do? Instictively, I leap over and catch the turd before it falls to the floor. (I'm cracking up just writing about it, it's so absurd). Damn, the things I'll do. . . anyhow, it was simple after that to take Sweetcheeks to the potty and toss the turd into the toilet. After I wiped him and washed my hands, we were good to go. I guess I should have explained that poopy doesn't belong on the floor either! LOL.

Oh the joys of parenting. . .

No comments: