Saturday, September 23, 2006

a quiet breath

Saturday, September 23, 2006

a quiet breath
Current mood: peaceful

Well, once again I've gone blogAWOL for awhile- sorry! No guilt, vacations or major life events to point to, I've just been too busy and it wasn't on my mind.

Now that I'm here, I can't think what to write, LOL! That's what happens when I slack for awhile- without regular exercise, my writing self starts feel stiff and out of shape.

Still it's nice to sit for just a moment and try to stretch my mind a little, or at least take a calm breath and watch the sunny branches dance in the breeze outside my window. The boys are asleep, conked out after a fun trip to the playground with friends this morning. The house is cool and quiet, with public radio softly broadcasting opera in the background. I can take the time and attention to observe these things, which usually go unnoticed in the backdrop of my busy days. There are so many things I want to do that I have not, so many things I want to finish that I can't seem to find the time for, so many things that I want to do better or more often than I do now. But I must remind myself, even ad nauseum (for it's so soon that I forget. . .) that these quiet moments for "nothing" are vital. They should not be lightly cast aside, nor taken for granted. Ah, blessed peace.

No comments: