Thursday, June 25, 2009

99 Things to do in a Meme, 99 Things to do. . .

Spotted this meme at Shade and Sweetwater, and thought I'd join in. I don't do memes very often, but I've been a tad uninspired here lately, so here you have it.

Items I have done before are in bold. I left the ones I haven't tried (yet) in plain text.

1. Started your own blog
2. Slept under the stars
3. Played in a band (not unless middle school orchestra counts!)
4. Visited Hawaii (though I sure would like to hike one of the volcanoes there.)
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than you can afford to charity
7. Been to Disneyworld/Disneyland (Disney World, a few times.)
8. Climbed a mountain (snort- a few times, yes. . .)
9. Held a praying mantis (I vaguely recall doing so when I was a kid)
10. Sung a solo (not unless you count singing by myself in the car)
11. Bungee jumped (no, thank you.)
12. Visited Paris (I loved it!)
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea (I wasn't at sea, but the lightning was. Beautiful.)
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch (a few)
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty (never been to New York, actually. . .)
18. Grown your own vegetables (yes, and I have some tomatoes and eggplants ripening right now!)
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train (Innsbruck, Austria to Paris, France)
21. Had a pillow fight
22. Hitch hiked (no, thank you)
23. Taken a sick day when you were not ill
24. Built a snow fort (growing up in GA leaves little opportunity for snow forts.)
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping (OH, YES.)
27. Run a marathon (no, thank you)
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice (Definitely.)
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
31. Hit a home run (HAHAHAHAHAwheezeHAHAHAHAchokeHAheeheehee Um, no.)
32. Been on a cruise (Would like to try an Alaskan cruise, though.)
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors (depends on how far back you mean)
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught yourself a new language (I know a smattering of ASL, and learned a bit of Italian on my own)
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied (the money isn't what provides the satisfaction)
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David (damn impressive, that.)
41. Sung karaoke (no, thank you!)
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant (I should do this.)
44. Visited Africa (THAT would be cool.)
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight (of course)
46. Been transported in an ambulance (unfortunately)
47. Had your portrait painted (by myself, but I'd say that counts.)
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person (wow.)
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris (didn't bother. Kinda wish I had.)
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling (snorkeling.)
52. Kissed in the rain (mmmm.)
53. Played in the mud (of course.)
54. Gone to a drive-in theater (once, long ago. They were an anachronism even then.)
55. Been in a movie (at least, I don't think so. . .)
56. Visited the Great Wall of China (damn, I'd like to though.)
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class (Aikido. Would like to start again.)
59. Visited Russia (No, but my brother-in-law lived there for several years. My niece was born there.)
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
62. Gone whale watching
63. Got flowers for no reason (Aww.)
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma (Definitely.)
65. Gone sky diving (no, but I'd love to! My Dad's done it.)
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check (oops.)
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy (and now my own kids have them. It's nice.)
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten Caviar (yuck.)
72. Pieced a quilt (my friend did the piecing. I'm doing the hand quilting.)
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades (no, but we have canoed the Okeefenokee.) (is it just me, or does the spelling "canoed" look all wrong?)
75. Been laid off from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London (didn't stay in London long- we probably missed out, but wanted to see the countryside.)
77. Broken a bone (a horse stepped on my toe.)
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle (hell, YES.)
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person (definitely want to do this.)
80. Published a book (not yet. . . ?)
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper (I don't think so, but I was on the TV news.)
85. Kissed a stranger at midnight on New Year’s Eve
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone’s life (not that I recall. . .)
90. Sat on a jury (been called just twice, but couldn't serve.)
91. Met someone famous
92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee

No comments: